About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Friday, January 7, 2011

The Girl in the Mirror

If an anorexic is someone who thinks of themselves as fat but is actually skinny, then what do you call someone who thinks of themselves as skinny but actually is fat?  That is me.  I think of myself as thin, gorgeous, and full of confidence waiting to burst out...then I see the girl in the mirror and I reminded that I am obese.  The other day when I was subbing the class room, I waved my hand (part of the activity) and my whole arm waved with it.  A student noticed and started to laugh.  I knew why but choose to ignore it; truth be told it was really embarrassing.  My dream fantasy is to be the sexy, "hot librarian", but how to get to the point.  It is a daunting task.  So here is my first goal, a tangible goal, which is to drop one dress size by birthday on February 25th.  Plus, I am going walk in the Shamrock "Stride".  I even have a walking partner which is really exciting for me.  Now I am committed!

I invite you to leave your thoughts, stories, or words of encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment