About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 17: Responsibilities

I feel really proud of my small accomplishment this weekend, however minor it may be.  One of major vices is to buy coffee, especially Starbucks coffee and  I am committed to cut it out or least only for a very special treat.  For example, my sister gave me a coupon for a free drink but I cannot use until I finishd my summer coursework (see http://spendlessweighless.blogspot.com/2010/09/day-6-challenges-and-sabotage.html#links).  I am really, really close!  Anyway, I digress.  This weekend I worked my little side job working as a demostrator at Fred Meyer's.  Now, usually  I would buy coffee during my lunch break but this time, I was able to resist and drank from my waterbottle instead.  Yeah!  I am a dork, I know!
No more, no more!



Secondly, I had a meeting to discuss my new responisbility that I volunteered for--yikes!  My job is to procure as many donations for my son's school auction.  He is lucky that Portland Public Schools has such programs as the Chinese Immersion program and he will go to China next year!  But that takes money.  However, I feel the universe's call to take on this challenge for my professional growth.  I will have make phone calls, lots of phone calls, and stay on top of things.  I just pray that  I do it right.  So if you anything you want to donate, let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment