About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

So why am I doing this?

So why this blog?  Originally, I was forced to learn about blogging when I had to create a website for graduate school--what a learning experience that was!  After that, I began to explore other people's blogs and I got hooked!  So now have decided to make the commitment to write one myself. 

So again, why this blog?  Well, I have struggled with weight my entire adult life, which is difficult when compared with my fabulously beautiful and thin sister.  However, we live on a teacher's income, with too many student loans to pay off, so I can't afford gym fees or a weight loss clinic.  So I am left to my own devices.  Furthermore, I don't want to spend a lot of money.  I like to live frugal and figure out how to do things for myself; it is like a game to me.  Besides, I learned this game from my mother and sister.  So let the games begin!

Here are my goals for the next year:
  • Lose 50-100 lbs
  • Pay down my student loan debt
  • Join Toastmasters to practice public speaking (I really want a job)
  • Finish all of my incomplete projects
Here are my rules:
  • Through a combination of watching what I eat and exercise, lose 1-2 lbs a week                              (1-2 lbs a week x 52 weeks = 52-104 lbs)
  • I will not but any new clothes until I reach a major weight goal and then it must be on sale, from a consignment shop, or I made it.
  • I will keep track of my steps using a pedometer
  • Complete all my projects that I have started
  • Work out at least 3-4 times a week
  • Journal what I eat

I hope to hear from many of your voices and that you will follow along with my journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment