So again, why this blog? Well, I have struggled with weight my entire adult life, which is difficult when compared with my fabulously beautiful and thin sister. However, we live on a teacher's income, with too many student loans to pay off, so I can't afford gym fees or a weight loss clinic. So I am left to my own devices. Furthermore, I don't want to spend a lot of money. I like to live frugal and figure out how to do things for myself; it is like a game to me. Besides, I learned this game from my mother and sister. So let the games begin!
Here are my goals for the next year:
- Lose 50-100 lbs
- Pay down my student loan debt
- Join Toastmasters to practice public speaking (I really want a job)
- Finish all of my incomplete projects
- Through a combination of watching what I eat and exercise, lose 1-2 lbs a week (1-2 lbs a week x 52 weeks = 52-104 lbs)
- I will not but any new clothes until I reach a major weight goal and then it must be on sale, from a consignment shop, or I made it.
- I will keep track of my steps using a pedometer
- Complete all my projects that I have started
- Work out at least 3-4 times a week
- Journal what I eat
I hope to hear from many of your voices and that you will follow along with my journey!