About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 75: A Tale of Two Coats

In an attempt to sort through my pile o' stuff, I have come to the conclusion that I do not need two coats.  However, tying to decide which one to keep has been a dilemma.  Why?  As I pair down deeper into my closet, old habits of trying to talk myself into keeping items or finding excuses to keep something based on the "some day" scenario creep up.  So I have come up with a list of pros and cons:

Coat #1: dark forest green w/ fur lined collar from consignment shop

Pros: 100 % wool                                                                                                               
         fur-lined collar
         vintage circa early 1970s?
         My mother has offered to
         repair it for me!
 Cons: Seams and lining ripped
           creative repairing required

Front view

Just one of many holes in the seams


Ripped up lining

Another ripped up seam
       
Coat #2: light blue w/hood from Old Navy

Pros: has a hood                                                                     
 love the sky blue color    
                                                                                                                           
Cons: weighs a "thousand lbs" when wet
made out of acrylic/polyester material
ugly little "pearly" balls everywhere
looks very worn
view from the back side

ugly little "pearly" balls as a result of the polyester material

view from the front--I dig the hood



So what is the dilemma besides one is ripped up and the other is worn looking?  In my attempt to declutter my pile o' stuff, I have come to the conclusion that I only need one coat.  Eventually, I will need a new coat but the fundage is not readily available and I want to spend my money elsewhere at the moment.  So which one to keep?  It is a hard decision to make.

Tell me your thoughts on which one I should keep?  Or what are your struggles in sorting out your pile o' stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment