About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 48: Listening Ear

As part of my goal to "kick it up a notch" (http://spendlessweighless.blogspot.com/2010/10/day-38-kick-it-up-notch.html, I bought a pass to the local community center and attended the deep water aerobics class.  It was an amazing work.  Afterward, I slipped into the hot tub for a little rest and relaxation.  A woman started talking about being sick, abused by doctors and the police, and harassed in every way possible; she was a "slave" to the system.  While I am not quite sure how much of her story I but into, I felt that what she wanted the most in that moment was someone to listen to her.  So I choose to become a listening ear, regardless of whether her story was true or not.  It was her truth and she needed a companion...

No comments:

Post a Comment