About Me

My photo
My goals for the future is to obtain a teaching/librarian job, lose weight, own a house, and to travel the world.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 44: Easy Route vs. Difficult Route

I subbed for half a day this morning.  It was an easy gig and the students were great.  However, I ran into another substitute.  Only this gentleman said something that caught me off guard.  He said that sometimes he gets discouraged and wants to just give up and bag groceries so he does not have to "think" about work.  With the economy the way it is school districts have had to make major cuts by laying teachers off.  While this is discouraging, I do not think the same way as my "new friend".  First, I have fought too hard, owe too much in student loans, and have put in a lot of hours to just simply give up.  I have always wanted to be a teacher and even though I struggle with interviewing, I am good at what I do.  I just need to find a way to let my talents shine forth.  And that is part of the reason why I write this blog.  One of my goals is to obtain a full time teaching position as a teacher or librarian or ideally both! I will never choose the easy route and just find a random job.  I choose the more difficult route because it my calling and my passion.  Teaching is not about making money.  I started out serving my country and now I will continue serving my community.

No comments:

Post a Comment